Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Learning the hard way.......

I think I am a careful person, I mean I try to be. I am afraid of pain, embarrassment, and failure. There are so many things I don't try because of one of those 3 things. Well, this past weekend....huh. I stepped out of my comfort zone and had all happen to me. Shaking head...I so knew better.

My very best friend of 20 years lives a mere 30 mins from me....and we barely see each other. I know so lame. But she has 3 kiddos, one of them being a 1 year, can ya say busy!!! And her husband is very social and they have lots of entertainment going. Yayayay excuse excuse. So when I do see her, there is always a ton of people around. You see we have a LARGE group of friends and when something comes up, it is very hard just to invite one or 2 to the party,event, etc.. Well I have been missing her something fierce. So I called her told her I wanted to take her on a date, just her and I. I needed to gab with her in private like we did at so many sleepovers in the past 20 years. I needed to trade youthful memories with someone who seen it all go up or down. She is the keeper of all secrets and the girl with the best heart ever.

Ok onto the point. So m husband and son go on a camping trip, and my daughter is at a sleepover for the night. She cam to my town a Town where she grew up and graduated, until the lucky fellow met her and married and whisked her 30 mins away. We hop in the car and I take her to the crappiest dive bar/diner 15 mins away, I wanted privacy and I didn't want our girl time interrupted. We had the best time there. We were the only people there, and made friends with the waitress and shared a chicken strip dinner. Greasy and good. Oh and had a beer. We finished our meal and started back to our town, when I said AG TOUR!!! Then I put a cd in of our songs from the past and we sang loud and jammed hard, told stories and made a pact that for our next big bday we were driving cross country to visit a friend. I can say it was one of the best time I have had in a long time. I missed her dearly and I am not going to wait so long to take her out again, even thought she thought i was a cheap date because we shared the diner!! HAHAHA
.........But darkness fell a few hours later and something terrible happened. We mat up with a couple of friends at the country club in town. Our close friend when out side to have a smokey and somehow tripped of the curb and fell on her face. Well, when we came out about 10 mins alter to leave she was face down on the cement. We thought maybe she drank too much and passed out? We were trying to get her awake and couldn't she was snoring very loudly and it sounded different. Well a guy walked out saw us trying to wake her up and he rolled her over......and my poor friend was covered in blood......I cannot express to you how scary this was, I called 911 right away. I kept screaming her name to wake up and she wouldn't. There was blood everywhere, all over her, us and cement. Buy the time they got her to the hospital she was somewhat responsive. She had a big gash on her forehead. My friend and I clung to each other wondering how we could have prevented it?? We couldn't have. Even though she will be ok, she looks like death warmed over, she is alive. But she, we are slightly broken. We should have learned not to drink so fast or to not pay well enough attention to our friend who had and then was left alone....But learning the hard way is a part of life and although I never want to see anything like again, we are lucky. Lucky she wasn't driving or ran over by a car. Lucky and learning the hard way are hand in hand right?????

No comments:

Post a Comment