Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

First day of School!!!!

Ahhhhhh.....you hear that??? Silence. I love my kids to the moon and back but boy oh boy I am sure glad that school has started. We had an awesome summer, but it is time to get back into a routine. Which means bed early and mommas train wreck t.v. time is back to regularly scheduled programming. Keeps me sane, don't judge. :)
 I woke up extra early to get myself ready, and then woke the kiddos to get dressed and I made some pancakes and eggs. You know the first day is better with a cooked breakfast instead of pop-tarts. This is probably the one day of the whole school year that a.) there is no yelling to hurry up. b.) me telling them that they can finish eating in the car. And c.) I was organized!!!

Last night my poor girl wanted me to put curlers in her hair so that she could go to the first day with a new do. So I rolled (I called it "set", like  my grandma called it. she didn't get it. ) all of her hair. This morning when she woke up we pulled them out..and let say say our first 5th grade meltdown happened....her curls were so tight I look like a bad perm circa 1985. I could not quit laughing. A million memories of me, classmates, teachers, and moms with these tight perms popped in my head. Oh daughter was having none of it...and the water works started.."this day is going to be horrible, first my clothes don't come in (umm Old Navy your fast shipping, sucks) then my hair looks like Little Orhpan Annie, and I got no sleep because the curlers hurt my head." Whaaa whaaaa Then little brother walks in and see her Wat up big perm hair and says "wow". Oh man. I told her that it was up to her to turn it around and make it a great day, next year we will be giggling about this. Then I gave her time to calm herself and she joined us at the dinner table with a smile on her face. Then I told her I thought her hair looked prettier just the way she does it. And all was good. 

Next week we go camping in Colorado, and they just had a slight Earthquake and I am feeling all kinds of anxiety. If I wouldn't let down 9 other people I would so be bailing!!










I am going to leave you with some pics!! Leave me some will ya??? Feel like this blog is home, I am always talking to myself! :)

1 comment:

  1. 0h my gosh, I remember when my mom once rag rolled my hair to make it curly for school. I miss the days when my mom used to do my hair for me =-)

    ReplyDelete